Friday, July 12, 2013

The Digital Divide

Check out our class's VoiceThread conversation about the new Digital Divide!

 

 It was really interesting for me listening to everyone's takes on what is important to remember about the digital divide and how this affects their teaching.  I'm not sure, but I think I'm the only person in class who hasn't actually taught in a classroom (other than one-off sessions...yet!). Since my only point of reference so far is from a public/community college library, I'm just sort of soaking in the different points of view of everyone who has actually been in the trenches, so to speak.

1 comment:

  1. Even without having taught in classrooms, I did find your perspective interesting, and especially enjoyed the question you brought up at the end. Libraries are certainly at the forefront of this digital divide, as so many people do use them as their point of access for job applications and such. You may not be in "the trenches" as you say, but you are certainly fighting the battle on some front.

    ReplyDelete