Monday, June 17, 2013

About the Author


Hello, fellow W531 classmates and instructor!

My name is Hayley and I am a public librarian in Noblesville, Indiana. In my free time, I like to garden, play the ukulele, and make up stories about my fluffy white dog with my husband. 

I'm heading back to school to get my teaching certificate to be a K-12 media specialist. In my current position, I serve as a reference/innovative technology librarian, which is just a fancy way of saying I answer questions and run the library's Facebook and Twitter pages, along with the database/downloadable section of our website and my department's wiki page. 

I'm excited to learn about how I can apply these technologies I've been using as library publicity to educational settings.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Hayley. I teach in Noblesville. It sounds like this class is right up your alley. I wish the best for you and look forward to working with you this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Hayley! We are seeing huge changes in the roles of media specialists, and I look forward to hearing your insights as you go through this course.

    ReplyDelete